Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I've been obsessively checking my online money account. I realized that I am spending way more money not working than when I was working. Part of this is having a wedding to pay for, but I think the other part is that I have a lot more free time on my hand. It's easy to go to Starbucks and drop $4 on a soy latte. I also go out to lunch with friends more frequently now. My previous job provided free meals for us, so I never had to venture far for food. Overall, I am not doing very well being frugal. 

Speaking of not being frugal, I had the BEST facial today. It is at this very unassuming loft space run by a husband and wife team. My esthetician is amazing! The place was small but extremely relaxing. She had my tea waiting for me when I arrived in this dainty cup. She did a great job making me feel comfortable and sat down with me to talk about my skin and what I wanted from the treatment. Fabulous customer service &  my skin is glowing! 

During my treatment, I received a phone call about a job interview on Friday. The pay is better than my last job, but it is about an hour away from where I currently live. Also, I am not enthusiastic about the clients I'll have to work with. Regardless, I have decided to go to the interview anyway. I need the practice. I hate interviews with a passion. I tend to perform poorly on them due to my shyness and inability to think on my feet quickly. I wish I could be more articulate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment